Sunday, January 6, 2013

Midnight Enlightenment



This lovely picture I made has a few meanings

- First of all you can see the stunning macaroons I attempted to make a few weeks ago. They were absolutely delicious and their appearance didn't ruin the taste at all. Therefore: I prefer to enjoy the lovely taste of these horrible looking macaroons. I don't have to be good at baking, as long as I enjoy it.
- Secondly it is said that it's a hipster thing to write inspiring things on a beautiful picture. Well I write an inspiring thing on a picture of failure.
- And of course the meaning of the quote. I quote myself here. At 4 am last night I suddenly thought 'Why do I have to be super good at something?' For example writing. I absolutely love writing stories, but as soon as I start to think 'Am I good enough to do this professionally? Do other people like what I write?' I don't enjoy it anymore and even I think my writing is crappy. The same about writing blog posts. So now this is one of my new year's resolutions! I honestly think that enjoying something is better than excelling at something.

I hope you have a great Sunday and a great week,

Love,
Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment