Monday, March 24, 2014

March week 3

Goodbye another week! 

This week I did a few exciting things! On Wednesday I voted for the first time in my life! It was for the local elections, and because I now officially live in Amersfoort, I had to vote for that city. It felt kind of weird, because it would´ve been fun to vote for people I actually knew. Still, it was fun to do. I remember it being extremely fast, because I took out my earphones on my way in, letting my music (Kveikur by Sigur Rós) continue and on the way out the same song was still playing. I felt like a real adult. Then I went to get chips. The next day, Thursday, had the most amazing weather of the whole week. I had a presentation on Runes, which I NAILED. I absolutely hate having to speak in front of an audience. Luckily there are only about ten people in my class, so it wasn’t even that big of a group to speak to. Anyway, I survived and after that I took the weekend off. I have an exam at the end of next week, so after writing this I have to go study very hard for that.

The whole week I kept seeing blossoms everywhere. If there’s one thing I love, it’s blossoms. It was great! I didn’t take any pictures, unfortunately, but here’s one I made last year with my analogue camera:




On Friday I got home and my new book had arrived! The Cracks in the Kingdom by Jaclyn Moriarty. I talked about my excitement last week, you can check that out. I’m about halfway through it now, which simultaneously saddens and excites me. I have been reading all day yesterday (Sunday). I haven’t read that much in literally months and it felt so good to get completely lost in a story as absurd and brilliant as this one. Moriarty does this thing where her characters become a part of you while you read. They become your best friends, the setting of the story becomes your hometown. When you read ‘the bakery’ you know where that is and who owns the bakery and what buildings are next to the bakery. That is one reason why I love Moriarty’s books so much. Another reason is that the words are like magic. Everything does something. Every sentence has something clever in it. I just love it. Go read.

I felt very inspired to make some 'drawings' with crayons. I'm not very good at art but I feel like showing them anyway. 





After dinner my mum and I took a walk while the sun was setting and I made some cool pictures of it. It was a nice evening to walk in. 






Today, Monday, I accidentally cosplayed Rose Tyler. I just grabbed my English-flag-shirt out of my wardrobe and remembered I have a leather jacket too and I just became Rose. Here’s me awkwardly trying to look companion-like. 



Song of the Week: Radiohead - Optimistic


I hope you have a great last week of March!

Love,
Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment