Sunday, March 16, 2014

Remember me?

I cannot believe that it's almost a year ago since I wrote a post! I am a very bad blogger.

But I knew that already I guess. I wanted this blog to be all sophisticated and cool with awesome pictures, but I think now that I should just do with it what happens with it. If that makes sense. 
I’d like to try to just write casually about things that happen to me or things that I like. And I want to try to do it regularly. I think I’m realising life isn’t only interesting when special things happen. Small things can be enjoyed as well. Maybe I can show people that you don’t have to go to a lot of concerts or have awesome outfits every day to have a nice life.
‘Cause I have a pretty nice life, I gotta be honest here.
Let me fill you in on what’s been going on in the past few months that I haven’t written about yet.

Uni!
In September of 2013 I started uni. I went to Amsterdam and chose the course Scandinavian Languages and Culture. I chose to focus on Norway which basically means I'm now learning to speak Norwegian and all about the Norwegian culture and politics, things like that. I’ve been doing that for a good six months now, and I’m enjoying it massively. It’s such a cool language and the people in my class (only nine could you believe) are great. Amsterdam is an awesome city to go to every day. Unfortunately I don’t go into the city a lot, even though my uni buildings are mostly in the city center. When I’m done with my classes I go home immediately because I am generally very busy studying (and let’s be honest, watching tv-series and spending time on tumblr discussing my latest obsessions).

Living on my own..
I have my own little room in Amersfoort, a city that lies right in between my hometown and Amsterdam. It’s a short distance to school and a short distance home. I really really like to have my own space, I like how I decorated it and I feel at home. It’s within walking distance from the central station and from supermarkets and other shops. It’s ideal, really. It was quite an adjustment to have to cook and clean and do all the shopping for myself, but now I’m getting the hang of it. I realise that I’m a pretty independent person and can take care of myself very well. It’s great to be in charge of my own time. I can do what I want. I go home every Friday, which is also great. Living in the middle of a city is a pretty big change since I’m used to living in the country with fields and forests. I like coming back here, smelling the fresh air and taking walks.

So what now?
For my blog I’d like to continue just documenting what I love or what I’ve been up to. I have great trips coming up: Oslo, Bergen and Reykjavik. I am extremely excited about those, and probably will make some posts about it. I still enjoy music and tv-series. I’d love to show my findings to the world, to recommend them or just rant about the lives of fictional characters. I really hope there will be people interested in that, and I hope I can make your life a little happier.

That is what my blog is about after all: happiness. I want to create a place where we can all enjoy ourselves and find positivity and joy.

I hope to see you soon!
Love,
Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment