Monday, April 21, 2014

April week 2&3

Hello!

So sorry about not being here last week. I was very busy unfortunately! I hope you had a great Easter. I only had a good Sunday, because the rest of the weekend I've been doing loooots of homework. But that's okay, since I'm now officially finished with it!

On Friday in week 2, I went to the Nordic Delight festival in Utrecht. It’s a festival about Norway with Norwegian pictures, short films, food and music. I only went to see the music and ended up only seeing one band because I had to leave early. I’m so glad I got to see them though! It was an awesome band called Highasakite who used lots of synths and electronics. The guitar guy used a bow on his guitar on one song, just like Jónsi from Sigur Rós does. That pissed me off for approximately six seconds. The awesome vocals and music made me love them again. The songs were powerful, due to the loudness obviously, but also because of the intensity of the instruments and the four sets of vocals. 





Later in week 3 my Með Suð I Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust deluxe edition arrived! I’d ordered it from the Sigur Rós shop while there was a massive sale. I wanted it from the moment I knew it existed. I had to buy it while it was on sale, because I was gonna buy it someday anyway. Might as well buy it while it’s cheaper than normal!

The book has lots of behind-the-scenes pictures of shows and music videos. It also has the album and a dvd with music videos of songs off the album. 



Each book has it's individual number and a piece of film off one of the music videos. 






If you’re a true Game of Thrones lover; you might’ve seen the Purple Wedding! There was a curious looking band which Joffrey didn’t like very much, singing the Rains of Castamere. That, ladies and gentlemen, was Sigur Rós. My favourite band in the whole wide world. Here’s to freshen your memory:

[X]



These past couple of weeks have been very much Sigur Rós related, and I love it. I can’t wait for more exciting things to come! For example, Jónsi has worked with John Powell on the How To Train Your Dragon 2 soundtrack! I can’t wait until it comes out in July!




Lots of youtube videos in this one, so just one quick song of the week: Kate Bush – Wuthering Heights. I’ve been meaning to reread the book for weeks now, so this song has been on my mind a lot. Surprisingly pleasant. 


Have a great week :D

Love,
Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment